Monday, September 22, 2008

I Did It! Finally....


For those of you who have been telling me time after time that I need to read the Twilight series (you know who you are) I finally did it!! It is sad to admit, but I haven't read a book other than lame parenting books (Babywise, How to solve your Child's Sleep Problems, What to expect when You're expecting, etc.......LAME!!!) since I have been married! I love reading but never give myself the time to do it. Since the movie is coming out soon I figured that was good enough incentive for me to get going and read it! Not to mention the fact that I felt totally clueless when everyone would start talking about Edward, Bella, Vampires....I had no clue. Almost everyone i know Looooved the book. My hairdresser told me she had a client who believed she was a vampire and tried to show her the various vampire traits she possessed; her incredible strength, how fast she could run.....she was 10, but still. Needless to say I also loved the book and can't wait to read the rest of them! I read it over the weekend and James was about ready to strangle me because I couldn't put it down!

8 comments:

Amber Hendrix said...

Heather! I'm so glad you started the twilight series! A co-worker of mine got me started on it last year & I've been obsessed ever since! That's funny that James was ready to strangle you! I was exactly the same way. I couldn't put it down. Anyways, your kids are so cute! I love your blog. We just joined the bogging world a few months ago!

Annie said...

I love that she seriously thought she was a vampire...those books make me wish I was one too:) Cute new header by the way!

Lindsay Wright said...

Congrats Heath! (btw...I always feel like I am calling you heath...like heathcliff or heath ledger or something when I write that). Anyway, you think thats good, wait till you get to Breaking Dawn! Bro wanted to kill me because all I wanted to do was read! Now we have to go see the movie in November.

KACI JOHNSON said...

Congrats on getting into the twilight craze! I have read three of the books but can't get myself to read the fourth one. I know everyone loved the series but I couldn't get in to them. I don't know what's wrong with me cause I really wish I could get in to them like everyone else has. Maybe I'll just have to try reading them all over again!!

Miss Bear said...

I Heart Twilight!!
Are we still planning on getting together tomorrow night? I'm at work and school all day today, but I will call you to figure everything out!!
Hope everything is great! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! Looks like your doing great. Your family is so beautiful. I loved Twilight too! Except the first book will always be my fav one.

Ben and Kira Olsen said...

Oh my gosh Heather! I totally thought you were talking about a grown woman who thought that she was a vampire. I was imagineing this lady showing off her vampire like qualities. I re-read the post and then realized that you mentioned that she was only 10 years old. That is so great!

Ben and Kira Olsen said...

By the way....Congratulations on finishing the book. Keep reading them, they are a lot of fun. If you need to borrow my books, let me know. :)