Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kaden, the Artist


So last night I went and picked up some pink paint to test out a color for the nursery. As I was brushing the color on the wall Kaden was obviously interested and wanted to help out, so I made the mistake of letting him take the brush and painting a little bit on the wall.....and leaving the paint (the lid closed of course) on the floor in the bedroom. This morning James walked in to find that Kaden had pried the paint bucket open and proceeded to paint all over the walls and doors in the nursery, down the hall, the bathroom and his bedroom. Not to mention a huge portion of the CARPET, the brand new WHITE rug I just bought for the nursery, the shelf, several of his toys, our dog Mokie and himself. I felt bad getting mad at him, it really was my own fault for leaving the paint out, and plus he was so proud of himself! Needless to say, we were able to get the paint off the walls, though most of the toys went in the garbage. I was lucky to find a carpet cleaner that was nice enough to come out within 25 minutes of my desperate phone call. I'm sure I am yet to find many marks of this artistic adventure, but for now....disaster averted




Poor Mokie.... you can't see it from the picture but he has paint all over his back





This wall actually got the least of it but I didn't pull my camera out until most of the paint was cleaned up

Yuck
Thanks Kelly's Deep Clean!


19 comments:

rachel june* said...

Oh my gosh! How funny!! Kaden is such a good little helper. Just kidding I would of freaked out! But it is a good story. Ava tried to do the same thing in Slade's room but I was in there and caught her before she finished the white crib.

Miss Bear said...

Funny!! Kaden makes me laugh, I can see how it would make you mad..it would have made me mad too..but I can just picture his cute face when you discovered his masterpiece!!! :)
Hope everything is going great!

Lindsay said...

OH MY! That just gives me a sick feeling in my stomach...but, I have to admit, its a great story! Boys will be boys!

The Four Eggs said...

HAAAAA! Hilarious!

Lindsay Wright said...

Oh Heather! I serioulsy would have cried. I love that Kaden was so proud of himself. At least everything cleaned up pretty well!

BenandLisaGrimm said...

I can't believe that. I would have died! You are so patient and smart to take pictures. You'll laugh in the future. I love the color :)

Jen and Mark said...

That is the worst! I would have cried. I am impressed you took pictures. It is a good color! Kaden must be a strong little guy to get that paint lid off. Hope you are doing great!

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

Oh that is so funny!! Sweet Kaden, just being a great helper! I can't wait to see your nursery, I'm sure it is going to be so cute!

-Jamie-

The Theler's said...

The same thing happened to my sister in law. She had to replace her carpet. Im sorry for you, but that is pretty funny.

Lance and Em said...

Oh my heck! Forgive me, but I cannot stop laughing! At least Kaden isn't ashamed of his artistic side. Glad to hear you got everything cleaned up. Too cute!

Kristi & Mike said...

Heather that is so funny! That is seriously hilarious. I just think of your gorgeous house and gorgeous walls...pink! Definately a lesson learned about putting the paint away!

KACI JOHNSON said...

that is hilarious! kids do the darnest things! he is such a cute boy i can totally see how you couldn't get mad at him i seriously don't know what i would have done in that situation. devin and i are way excited for this fun little adventure and i'm so happy i started blogging cause it's going to be the best way to keep in touch with everyone.

Boyer family said...

Heather it's Tiff, I can't believe what kaden did, that is so funny but horriable. I can't believe how good of a mother you are, I would have killed my kid. So I decided to start a blog along the side with Kristi and so a saw yours and had to tell you how cute you and your little family are. I love your blog of course and miss you. I hope everything is goig good for you and I can't wait tell the second edition is born. Keep in touch, love ya Tiff
www.boyerfamily4.blogspot.com

Annie said...

That's hilarious...love it:) I love your cute new valentine's blog too!

Jeff and Diana said...

that would have given me the worst anxiety! jeff did the same thing a few days ago. he was paining some book shelves and spilled the whole gallon on the plastic tarp. as a guy would do he didn't clean it up until the next morning to find it had seeped through a seam in the tarp. white paint all over our brand new carpet. he researched online how to get it out. and he says it all came out. luckily for him i wasn't there to freak out. i guess we will see when i get home!

Jeff and Diana said...

ps. the paint color is way cute! how are you feeling? not much longer to go!

ryan and melissa said...

Only six more weeks, Hez!! I cannot wait to see this beautiful little girl!

smallfry21 said...

I hate to laugh but that is pretty funny. That is definantly something Easton would do! Your family is darling! Congrats on your girl! Kimi Fry

Miss Bear said...

I'm at the BOTTOM! Lots of comments..Kaden is a popular boy! :)
I just wanted to see if there is a time this month that we can all get together, maybe have a Saturday brunch or something at Stacie's house (or anyones!) so we can all hang out and Stacie doesn't have to pack Ryder around! What do you think? Let me know!